Intercloud is currently focused on the following customer challenges:
- Dev / Test: Dev/test workloads can be run in public clouds, promoted to PoC and then migrated back to on-premise for production. Data sovereignty factors should be considered for compliance to determine app placement across clouds.
- Capacity Augmentation: Intercloud supports bursting 3-tier apps where some tiers can be in public cloud and others back in enterprise. The desired latency between app tiers should be considered to factor in app deployment.
- Shadow IT control: enables IT-admins to act as a conduit to cloud consumption and enable LOBs to them manage their workloads in the cloud.
Current providers and their respective capabilities:
- Amazon Web Services – full VM lifecycle management, currently supports firewall and routing via Virtual Security Gateway (VSG) and Cloud Services Router (CSR)
- Azure – full VM lifecycle management
- Dimension Data – full VM lifecycle management