Digital Strategy and Enablement
15,000 fireworks displays are attended and 155 million hot dogs are eaten nationwide on July 4th. (Source)
40,000+ shells, with as many as 1,000 shells per second, are launched from 6 barges for the largest fireworks show in the U.S. in New York City. (Source)
76% get together with family and 66% fly the American flag on the 4th of July. (Source)
The 4th of July, or Independence Day, is the U.S. anniversary of the declaration of independence from Great Britain in 1776. It is a day of celebrations with picnics and barbecues, baseball games, flying of flags, displays of red, white and blue and evening fireworks – all an expression of thanks for the freedom and liberties we have today.
In today’s digital age, we enjoy an enhanced holiday experience when using web, mobile, social or video on the 4th. Digital allows us to share and engage with others in an always on relevant experience, whether downloading an app to find the best local holiday events, surfing the web for BBQ menu ideas or decorations, posting images of your friends and family on social media, or using video to record the fireworks show.
Check out the following 4th of July digital highlights and celebrate the holiday with your colleagues, friends or family:
- Fireworks filmed with a drone on YouTube
- 30 Patriotic songs you didn’t know were on Spotify
- Patriotic Pinterest desserts for the 4th of July
- 10 Patriotic 4th of July tech accessories
- 9 Mobile apps that will make the holiday sparkle
- Fourth of July party Invitations available on Paperless Post
- 20 Spectacular 4th of July fireworks photos on Flickr
- How well do you know the history of Independence Day on PBS.org
- 50 Fabulous 4th of July facts
- 4th of July by the numbers infographic
- Independence Day trivia quiz
As the Cisco Digital team celebrates Independence Day next week, your regular “Friday Factoid” will also take a brief hiatus. Happy digital 4th of July!